- Local websites
Dear Business Partner
It is our top priority to serve you in the best possible way, despite the current turbulences with the Corona virus. I therefore want to give you an update on the status of the Sefar Group, which also includes Monosuisse.
• The Sefar Group complies to all the local regulations with respect to the containment of the Corona virus.
• We have taken additional internal precautions to assure the continuation of our production and the deliveries to you.
• All of our spinning and weaving plants worldwide are currently operating without limitations.
• There is a possibility of national restrictions in countries, where we operate our decentralized fabrication units. This may cause delays in fabricated items. For details, please contact your local Sefar subsidiary.
• Global limitations on freight capacity, in particular for air shipments, may also affect the delivery time.
Being a fully integrated supplier, Sefar controls and ensures the entire supply chain of our technical fabrics, from the yarn production at Monosuisse to the shipping of the fabrics or the finished articles. You are in good hands at Sefar.
Should your operation face any supply challenges where we might be able to help, please let us know. Your contact person is reachable at any time.
We will keep you updated on any changes affecting our delivery performance.
I wish you good health!
To cope with the demanding environment of the various industries, Sefar has developed a Smart Fabric range in order to maximize the customer`s value. Our fabrics not only satisfy a single purpose, e.g. filtration, but can also, for instance, be made to generate heat, used as transparent electrodes, to illuminate or sense physical parameters.
Human hair vs. fine yarn
Double layer weave
«Electronic fabrics», combine the advantages of two worlds – the flexible shape of standard fabrics and the functional flexibility of electronics. Our Smart Fabrics often consist of a polymer fabric as a basis with woven-in electrically conductive filaments. The filaments may be pure copper wires, steel wires, twisted yarn, conductively plated yarn and many more.
Type: plain wire, twisted yarn, tinsel, coated multifilament, stranded wire
Material: Cu, Cu-alloys, Ag, Au, Al, Mo, Ti, W, …
Diameters: 20 μm...2,000 μm
With an additional surface treatment, other special features, such as corrosion protection, better contact resistance, higher chemical resistance, electrical isolation and others, can be achieved with one product.
Coated wires material: Ag, Sn, Ni, Pt, PEDOT, carbon, ...
Isolated wires material: PU, PET, PI, PA, ...
Sefar has the ability to fully coat their fabrics. Thus, e.g. with a polymer-based fabric, a sheet resistance of approximately 1.0 Ω/sq is conceded or the optics are changed so that you have a full metallic look.
Material: Al, Ag, Cu, Au, Cr, Mo, Ti, TiOx, Sn, SiOx, alloys, …